Product ID: 18478
- The ancient stone circle of Avebury, a World Heritage Site
- The pictorial village of Lacock
- The Roman ruins of Bath
- The splendour of the Cotswolds, with its stunning villages and picturesque scenery
- A night at an authentic English guesthouse, with breakfast included
- Friendly, personal service with a maximum of 16 passengers per tour
Duration: 2 Days
- London is not the only way to experience England. Our 2-day excursion to the scenic Cotswolds, with a stop at the ancient stones of Avebury and the majesty of Bath and Oxford, will show you an England that you may have only seen in your history books.
- Day 1: We leave bustling London and head west to the village of Avebury, where you can marvel over the world's largest stone circle (not Stonehenge!) which is an official World Heritage Site--make sure to bring a camera.Further along we escort you to Lacock Village in the rural area of Wiltshire, which might be recognizable to you as a TV and film location. Its quaint setting, historic architecture, and lovely streets make it ideal for a lovely stroll down to the heart of the village, where you can see The Abbey, a unique country house of various architectural styles.After an afternoon in the Roman relics of Bath, we continue to the heart of the Cotswolds: Cirencester, where you can grab a much-needed night's sleep in one of the small, locally-owned, charming guesthouses or B&B's. Rest well, for there is more to see tomorrow.
- Day 2: After your complimentary breakfast, feel free to explore the Cotswolds' countryside, water meadows, ancient villages, and “antique” marketplaces. We will also journey to Bourton on the Water, also known as the “Venice of the Cotswolds”, a must-see for anyone visiting the area. A jaunt over to the beautifully-named Stow-on-the-Wold, the highest town in the area with picturesque homes.Before we return to the modern world (London), be sure to take your final photos in Woodstock and Blenheim Palace.This 2-day sojourn will be immortalized forever in your photo album, or at the very least, in your memories of what “jolly old England” truly used to be like.
- 1 night's accommodation in a B&B in Cirencester
- Knowledgeable driver / guide
- transport in a 16 seater minibus
What's Not Included:
- Entrance fees to the various attractions
Good to Know:
- All accommodation is en suite, but may be a fair walk from the town center.
- Individual travelers: please select the “single accommodation option”, while 2 or more travelers should choose the “twin room shared” option.
- In addition, please bring suitable, comfortable clothing and footwear for the tour. England isn't known for its sunshine!